The following steps must be completed prior to an invitation to enroll. If you have any questions about the admission process in relation to your child's division, please contact the appropriate Admission Associate. They will work closely with each prospective family to ensure a smooth process.
- Apply. The application is available online and is sent electronically from the website to our office. There is an $80 application fee. To apply, click here.
- Submit Records and Transcripts. Each applicant must submit an official transcript and two teacher recommendations from his/her current school. Applicants’ parents are responsible for requesting this information and ensuring its delivery to Heathwood. These forms are available with the online application. Applicants to the Middle School and Upper School are required to submit a writing sample and supplemental Student Questionnaire in support of their application. The Student Questionnaire is available with the online application.
- Visit. All prospective students will spend an entire school day shadowing a current student in the appropriate grade level. This step is as important for the applicant as it is for our admission committee. Heathwood teachers observe each candidate’s cognitive, physical and social development while the prospective student has the opportunity to experience “a day in the life” of a Heathwood student. Visiting times for the Early Childhood and Lower School are listed below.
- Take Entrance Tests (only applicable to Middle School and Upper School prospective students). Entrance testing is required for all applicants and helps our admission committee determine levels of academic ability and achievement. Testing is often administered here on campus if acceptable nationally normed testing is not available as part of the applicant’s current record.
- Await Admission Decision. An admission committee of administrators and teachers carefully considers offering enrollment to each student candidate. Students who have clearly demonstrated the ability to succeed as citizens and students at Heathwood Hall are invited to enroll. Decisions are communicated to each candidate’s family, with enrollment forms and information mailed to those candidates who are invited to enroll.
Early Childhood and Lower School Visitation Schedule:
Rising EC2: no visit required
Rising EC3: 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Rising EC4: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Rising K: 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM in an EC4 classroom
Rising 1st Grade: 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM in a K classroom
Rising 2nd - 4th Grades: 8:30 AM – 3:05 PM in their current grade level