Visual Art Concentration (VAC) Diploma Distinction
The Visual Art Concentration continues Heathwood Hall’s long tradition of knowing each student and encouraging and recognizing the dedicated pursuit of excellence in each student’s areas of interest and passion. VAC students fulfill all of Heathwood Hall’s normal graduation requirements, but with increased Visual Art requirements and dedicated art-making time outside of class.
VAC requirements include:
- Additional Art Studio Classes, plus Art History
- Minimum hours of Art Studio work outside of class meetings, at least half on campus
- Winterim Internship as an Apprentice to a Relevant Artist
- Art-themed Senior Exhibition Project (year-long research project with committee)
- Ambitous Art Exhibition during Spring Semester of Senior Year
Minimum Art Studio hours logged outside of class meetings:
- 120 hours each academic year for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors (approximately 4 hours per full school week)
- Up to 60 hours of each academic year may be logged off-campus; at least 60 hours must be logged on-campus
Ideally, students enter the VAC as Freshmen. Sophomores and beginning Juniors may enter as long as previous coursework and remaining semesters allow for completion of the requirements. Studio Hours begin at point of entry. VAC students are reviewed regularly and may elect to stop pursuing the VAC at any time.
Upper School Art Faculty: Scotty Peek, email@example.com
Click here for more details.