Highlander Day CampsOur Highlander Day Camps offer thematic play and learning for every age. Join us for one week or all summer... There will be FUN activities planned each day. Our Summer Counselors are so excited & counting down the days!
ATHLETIC CampsCome and see our beautiful campus and enjoy the outdoors. We have Lacrosse, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball & lots of Running Camps. Our PEAK Camps are amazing if you love adventure!
We offer over a variety of Credit Courses as well as lots of fun camps to keep your brain power going all summer long! Check out the camps to get ready for the upcoming school year the last few weeks of summer.
Arts CampsFrom Drama to Painting to Cooking to Tie-Dying and more - we've got a large assortment of Camps to choose from for ALL ages!
WE ARE EXCITED TO NOW ALLOW CAMPERS TO ENROLL IN BOTH MORNING AND AFTERNOON PROGRAMS.
As vaccination rates have gone up and caseloads have come down, we have determined that it is safe for students to attend two different programs in the same week. If you'd like to make any changes to your current enrollment in light of this update, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) or 803-231-7799.
Join Us For a Safe, Sensational Summer!
Our goal is to provide a superior summer camp experience for your child while providing flexible and affordable childcare options for you. Join us for just one week, or for the entire summer! Here are the top three reasons to spend a summer at Heathwood:
- Our Variety. Heathwood Summer Programs have been thoughtfully crafted to be developmentally appropriate for all students from age two through grade twelve. While students are engaged with STEM, sports, arts & crafts, academic enrichment, and adventure, we are mindful to support their physical, social, and emotional growth. The best part is that you can pair any morning and afternoon camps to appeal to your child’s diverse interests.
- Our Campus. Located just minutes from downtown Columbia with easy access to I-77 and I-26, Heathwood’s buildings sprawl across 122 acres of wooded wetlands. It is a hidden environmental oasis that is truly one of the best-kept secrets in the southeast. Gardens, playgrounds, athletic fields, a ropes course, art studios, and innovative classrooms are waiting for you to explore!
- Our Employees. Our summer instructors are the most highly-skilled, enthusiastic, and dynamic teachers in their fields. Specialty camps are led either by caring Heathwood faculty, local experts, or nationally renowned vendors that have all been carefully selected to provide the top-tier of excellence in teaching and learning. Counselors build a safe, nurturing classroom community where campers share their talents, make new friends, and create lasting memories.
Questions? Contact Allison Rashley: email@example.com (link sends e-mail) or (803) 231-7799.
Summer 2021 Safety Guidelines
Heathwood Hall is committed to a summer experience that's as safe as it is sensational. The careful and thorough safety protocols that have allowed us to offer in-person learning this year have also guided our approach to summer programs.
For Summer 2021, we will observe the following safety protocols:
- All instructors and camp employees will wear face masks. Students in rising kindergarten and above will be required to wear face masks while inside, as well.
- Enrollment will be limited to 15 students or fewer per class or camp, depending on the age of the students and the nature of the course.
- Drop-off and pick-up will be relocated in order to spread out each camp. Details will be outlined in an updated confirmation email.
- To reduce the traffic in buildings, we ask that parents drop off and pick up in the designated locations and refrain from entering the buildings. Should you need to contact someone at camp, you can use the Summer Programs cell phone: 803-553-4501.
- Classrooms and high-traffic areas of the buildings used will be disinfected during camps, during the 12:00 lunch period, and while students are off campus.
- If a child has a fever of 100 degrees F or higher, or shows symptoms of COVID-19, he or she will be sent home. The child will be unable to return to camp until he or she is asymptomatic and fever free (without the use of medication) for 72 hours.
- In the event of an instructor's illness or a confirmed case of COVID-19 within a particular camp, that camp will be cancelled and a prorated refund will be issued.
As vaccination rates have gone up and case loads have come down, we have determined that we can safely allow students to attend two different camps in the mornings and afternoons of the same week. However, please be aware that, should someone in your child's camp test positive, quarantining may be necessary.