Heathwood Hall is committed to a summer experience that's as safe as it is sensational. The careful and thorough safety protocols that have allowed us to offer in-person learning this year have also guided our approach to summer programs.
For Summer 2021, we will observe the following safety protocols:
- To allow for proper cohorting (and eliminate mixing of student groups) through the week, students will not be allowed to attend two different camps (morning and afternoon) in the same week. They may attend a single full-day camp, or a morning or afternoon camp.
- All instructors and camp employees will wear face masks. Students in rising kindergarten and above will be required to wear face masks while inside, as well.
- Enrollment will be limited to 15 students or fewer per class or camp, depending on the age of the students and the nature of the course.
- Drop-off and pick-up will be relocated in order to spread out each camp. Details will be outlined in an updated confirmation email.
- To reduce the traffic in buildings, we ask that parents drop off and pick up in the designated locations and refrain from entering the buildings. Should you need to contact someone at camp, you can use the Summer Programs cell phone: 803-553-4501.
- Classrooms and high-traffic areas of the buildings used will be disinfected during camps, during the 12:00 lunch period, and while students are off campus.
- If a child has a fever of 100 degrees F or higher, or shows symptoms of COVID-19, he or she will be sent home. The child will be unable to return to camp until he or she is asymptomatic and fever free (without the use of medication) for 72 hours.
- In the event of an instructor's illness or a confirmed case of COVID-19 within a particular camp, that camp will be cancelled and a prorated refund will be issued.