Heathwood graduates are college-ready.
Our students are prepared for the next phase of their academic careers.
We take care to introduce our students and families to a broad range of options—there are over 4000 college options across the country, in Canada, and in the UK.
It is our priority to know each young person as a unique individual and guide them in making informed choices in light their aspirations, ability, style, and strengths.
- College Planning Process
We recognize that the range of college choices available to each student is directly related to their own effort and individual habits of mind. Therefore, we guide students in taking ownership over their high school education and college planning process, knowing that doing so will maximize the college options that will later become available to them.
The college planning process formally begins in the junior year. A combination of meetings, events and online resources enables students and families to engage thoughtfully in the process:
- Students meet with college counselors one-on one to discuss academic strengths, aspirations, and viable college options.
- Students use Naviance – an online college planning platform – to manage their search and their applications.
- Day and evening programs throughout the year are designed to inform juniors and their families of various aspects of the college process and create excitement for the journey that lies ahead.
- Teachers and advisors communicate regularly with the college counseling staff as they prepare student recommendations.
On a less formal basis, the college counseling office engages freshman and sophomores in developmentally appropriate ways so that they, too, may be inspired to position themselves optimally for a broad range of college options.
Need a transcript?
Please phone your request to our Registrar, Mr. Donnie Bain, at 803-231-7745, or email at email@example.com; please include your full name, graduation date, and the address to which your transcript should be sent in your request.
- Information for College Representatives
Heathwood Hall is welcoming all college-admission representatives back to our campus!
If you have any questions about on-campus visits to Heathwood, please contact Mrs. Kenetta Dash: firstname.lastname@example.org.